----- Original Message -----
From: Warren Chapman
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: 4/11/01 4:44:08 AM
Subject: Re: bridgestone tire opinion

I have a set of Dueler AT's on a Syncro.   I don't like them at all.

I find them to be very noisy on the highway.  They really sing.

I also find them to be more unstable in crosswind conditions that the
Michelins which I have on another van.

So Michelins are the best? I recently bought an '87 Westy that has tires (195/75-R14) with a load rating of 'C'  mounted on the stock steel wheels. From what I have read, this is the wrong [load rating] tire for this van. This might explain the white knuckle drive I experienced through the gusty high desert a few weeks ago! NOT FUN!

    Anyone know what is the best set up to use for tires/wheels? I am considering a set of 15" steel or alloy wheels to allow a lower profile tire and hopefully better handling and driving characteristics. However, I do occasionally take the van off road. Have not got stuck...yet. Thanks in advance!

--- Michael Ramer (1987 Westfalia 2WD)
--- ramerm@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.