The part number for that relay is VW 171 919 433

I just dug mine out of the drawer it's been in for the last couple years.  It really does make an awful sound.  Just out of curiousity, does this relay do anything other than make an annoying sound?

thanks!

greg
82 california westy
"mashed potato"

"David M. McClelland" wrote:

I am looking for the part number (and part) of the relay that buzzes when you leave your lights on or key in the ignition. (Might do seatbelt not connected also) It resides in position #4 of the relay panel behind the fuses. My vehicle is an '83 aircooled Westy.Bus Depot and numerous dealers couldn't find it.Thanks in advance. Hopefully this question is a nice diversion from recent moaning on this list.David M. McClelland