What a = fun day.  I have a 1985 Vanagon that I have been meaning to get rid of = for quite a while.  So, I decided to make a little bit of a project out = of it.  Out comes the big reciprocating saw and some 30cm blades and = away to work I went.  The object was to make a trailer for test fitting = engine conversions into for customers.

- = First step was to remove the seats and the interior - if anyone needs some brown corduroy = seats let me know!
- = Second I removed the glass, the doors and the hatch.

Now we = have a pretty empty looking van - I am totally amazed at how much sound proofing there = is... ha - there is none!  What a little black spray on sound proofing, insulation and vapour barrier would do to make it really quiet inside!

Then = time to plot the cut - the cut was done where the rear opening of the sliding door = stops across the window on the other side.  Total time - 2 minutes!  = Cut through it, the coolant lines, wires, brake lines, brake cables like a = hot knife through butter!  This was all done with a bucket catching any = remaining nasties.

From = there I took and cut everything at the height of the lower part of the windows.  =

Now I = have a perfectly good trailer body... wheels, tail lights, heck, I'll even = install an ebrake system again!

Now... = here is the real questions... does anyone want 3/4 of a 1985 Vanagon?  It's = free - please!?

David Marshall

Fast Forward = Autobahn Sport Tuning
4356 Quesnel Hixon Road
Quesnel BC Canada  V2J 6Z3
mailto:info@fastforward.ca      http://www.fastforward.ca
Phone: (250) 992 = 7775           FAX: (250) 992 = 1160

• Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions
• Transporter, = Unimog and Iltis Sales
• European Lighting for most Audi and Volkswagen models