The S & S system is not perfect.  However it is decent.  Bascially you have
to compare it to a stock system.  The stock system for a 2.1l Vanagon 2wd is
around $450.  It will fit well and be of good quality.
If you have a syncro your stock exhaust system is around $600-650.
The S & S system fits pretty well.  I have installed them myself and have not
had any more problems than I do with putting on the stock systems (some times
they don't fit perfect :- 0).  I have this system on my Vanagon (91 Carat
Van) and it is a good value for what it costs.  It costs $280 for the
complete system from me.  So you are getting something that is about 85% of
the quality of the stock system for about 50% of the price.  Pretty good
deal.  If people buy through me I try to give them customer support and will
deal with any problems of fitment.  Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com