In a message dated 4/15/01 6:24:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ctb1@PEOPLEPC.COM writes:

Has anyone converted a Vanagon from auto trans to manual trans?  I'm finding
auto vans are available, but I just can't see myself owning an automatic.
A friend of mine once converted his car from auto to manual, and it was
relatively easy, but that doesn't mean anything for the vans.  Has anyone
done this on a Vanagon?  Thanks

what for? the automatics are more reliable than the manuals.  all the manual
tranny vanagons have the 3/4 slider hub crack syndrome sooner or later, while
most automatics are trouble free.   top speed is the same.

chris