I have been experiencing minor performance woes for a while now with my '88
2.1 liter.  At first, a little cutting out, and I had been worried about my
idle being very erratic. So, I fixed and later replaced my AFM. Then, ECU, O2
Sensor, Temp Sensor. Bus runs pretty good, but it seems that at top end RPMs
there is a lack of power, And the idle still wavers a little. Last thing I
tried was the fuel filter, but no improvement there.  A mechanic friend
suggested replacing the fuel pump. So, I'm wondering, those of you who have
replaced your fuel pumps, did you have any performance problems like mine
(caused by fuel pump), or is the fuel pump failure more of a "go, no go"
catastrophic failure type of issue?

Thanks,

Brian Doss
'88 Weekender, Queequeg