Geez, that is in good shape.  Little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays? One thing-- what's up with that exhaust?  Seems to be hangin' about six inches too low. Other than that, she's a beauty.
Gary
----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher T. Berchin
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 9:05 PM
Subject: I'm now a Vanagon owner!

I just drove my "new" Vanagon home today.  As you probably know, I've been asking a lot of questions to the list, and in the meantime I was searching for a good van to haul my racing gear around.  Well, I found one about 4 hours away.  I went to see it, and I bought it.  It's a 1984 GL, and it appears to have been maintained very well.  I put some pictures up if you would like to see it - click on http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/ctbtyper, and they are in the album titled "Race Bus."  If you'd like to see the kind of thing that I'll be hauling with it, take a look at the other album that is there, too - but be warned, there are no Vanagons in that album.  : )

I think I made a pretty good buy - I need to fix the fuel tank overflow thing (thanks to everyone who replied to me about this problem and how to fix it), but that's really the only big problem I need to address.  I can't believe the condition of the van, so I think I'll be served well by it.

Oh, and yes - I did think it was fun to drive it home today.  Certainly a different style from my other vehicles, but I zipped along on the highway with no problems, and driving it is fun in its own way.  : )

Chris