Hey kids -

It's Andrew from Minneapolis. This is my first inquiry to the List, so thanks in advance for your patience.

I managed to get an instrument cluster from a 1985 Wolf. Van to be used in my 1984 GL Van. Things that I liked and appreciated are the Tach - and being able to use the tach. My Van is a standard, though ironically, all the Vans I've seen in the 1984 - 1985(6?) year range that had tachs were automatic. What is up with putting a tach in the automatic?

My question is this: I know people have done this in the past - swapped the clusters so they can have the later model. I know the wiring is not the same for each - does anyone have a schematic for an 1985 GL that they have done this to? I have been digging around in the archives, but found myself lost in Syncro and Westfalia land... To make matters worse, I as of yet do not own a Bentley manual. It's going to happen soon, I promise.

Also, any hope of fixing a trip odometer that has fallen in love with the number 0009?

Thanks again -

The List is cool.

Andrew Bell

'85 Van GL