In a message dated 5/12/01 2:11:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ncc876@yahoo.com
writes:

I admit lack of knowledge -- what was additional with the 'champagne
edition'? I admit to never having heard of such a thing before.
(Well, you learn something new every day, and this was it for me
today.)

the '78 champagne edition westy upgrades consisted of:
chrome bumpers w/ rubber impact strips, 2tone pastel white over agate brown
paint, clock, brown dash, blaupunkt am/fm or blaupunkt am/fm 8 track, fake
chrome window trim inserts, champagne edition decals, chrome rear 1/4 window,
white painted wheels.  was available in a limited production run in 1978 only.
chris