You are Invited!

All plans are GO for the Full Moon in Joon (in May) = Memorial Day weekend
campout.
http://members.home.net/fullmooninjoon/index.htm (Dialup? saves
time>
http://members.home.net/fullmooninjoon/FMIJ2001.htm )

For meals this year we will = be having Breakfast Burritos one morning or
another. Maybe we will make a = better show of it than Everybus2001 8^)' For
Supper on Saturday evening we will = be having, back by popular demand (and
the availability of the 'Colossal = Cast Iron Cooker'), the second annual
Spaghetti Dinner. Bring your = Noodles. I will be making a webpage this
weekend with the needed supplies and kind = suppliers, so if you want your own
obscure piece of internet fame, send us an = email with your contributions.
Anyone who has yet to attend a campout, you don't = know what you've missed
with the group meals. They are ALWAYS fantastic, = better than a picnic dinner
at your Grandmothers church, and you can drink = beer to boot!

The location this year is www.deerfields.com located 20 minutes in a
southerly direction from Asheville. The fine = gentlemen who operate this
private mountain oasis have invited us to their property = not only for this
year, but in years to come. They really want to make = friends with us, so we
should extend to them some sincere hospitality. They especially want to
witness the ritual case burning. We already have = one case arranged, but more
are welcome. We'll just have to keep Diesel Joe = away from the water
balloons! (Man. I bet his valves are really_well_lubricated.)

There will be awards this year. The = categories will be randomly chosen by an
amorphous group of loosely monikered = 'Judges', and the trophies will be
awarded with complete subjectivity. We = figure that if no-one knows what they
might receive a whimsical (and potentially embarrassing) award for, it will
keep everyone on their toes. This = Year's MC will be the Honorable Mad Uncle
Dave, who, under extreme duress, has = caved in and accepted the duty. Unless
he doesn't show up.

Several = people have made inquiries about the event:

Is there a dress code?

I = have to admit that this question, posed by a fellow Full Moon Bus Club
couple = at EB2001, left me momentarily stunned and confused. How do I answer?
Is = it a joke? Do they want to run around Nekkid? They seem like normal
people....

Do I have to be a Member to go?

Well, = no. But by going you do subject yourself to Membership. In fact,
merely by = sending an email you could technically be considered a Member. I
have to check = with the ad-hoc membership committee (if I could figure out
who they are, they = have a mysterious webpage at
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Ravine/2474/enrollment.html= ) to get a reading
on the = particular fine points of this aspect of member law. In any case, if
you find = yourself in the unwitting position of being an unindicted
co-conspirator you can = repudiate membership at any time by simply howling at
the (full) moon three = times in rapid succession.

Do I pay at the gate??

Yes. For this = particular event you will have to pay the private property
owners a small = tribute of $20.00 USD per adult to enter and they will issue
you corresponding wristbands. Amortized over the three possible camping
nights this is = a relative bargain at $13.34 a night (rate based on double
occupancy). = However, since this is private property and we will be the only
group on the = property we will have a certain amount of ... privacy. This was
sorely lacking = last year at the National Park campground where the event = was
held.

No reservations?

There are no reservations as we will be in field = and orchard and there are
no assigned spots. You can camp by yourself or = with a group of friends or
with a group of people that you haven't made = friends with yet... it's your
choice.

Peace Brothers and = Sisters,

Tom and Dana Cates
Asheville, NC