I have a possibility to get a = Vanagon camper diesel that has been sitting in my friend's driveway for 5 years or so = and I am looking for advice on how to start it up after such a long period of inactivity.  Changing the oil is a no brainer, but getting the oil circulating with no load on the engine to minimize metal damage is not immediately available to me.  If it were a gas motor I'd pull the = plugs and crank the motor until I got pressure before a real startup, but how can = I do the equivalent in a diesel?

Any other suggestions on getting a = long idle bus on the road and reliable would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance.

Henry Jackson
Palo Alto, CA.

hjackson@well.com