Fellow listees-
I am in need of assistance again.  = On my 1984 Vanagon, I went to replace the bushings (VW officially refers to them as = guides) on the bases of the middle sliding side windows.  Upon checking = with the dealer, and discovering that the originals were discontinued, I checked = into whether the later model ones were still available.  They were, and = I was told that the only difference between them was that the later ones were = black in color.  I ordered them, and received them promptly.  However, = when I attempted to install them, I hit a bit of a dead-end.  They = obviously slide into the existing slots and grooves in the window frame, but they have = sort of a retaining tab about 3/4 of the way down them.  I could slide them = on to that extent, but no further.  After monkeying around with it for a = few minutes, and trying several different tools to get them to slide in the = rest of the way, I stopped, because the plastic that they are made of is rather = soft, and I didn't want to damage the parts.
So, my question is this:  does = anyone have any suggestions as to how to get these guides slid into place without = damaging them, the window frame, or the glass.  I'm sure there must be some small = trick to it that I'm simply overlooking.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Jason Stevenson
1984 Vanagon
1998 Cabrio