From: Greg Vaughn
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 = 5:30 PM
Subject: is your Vanagon your = main/only vehicle?

I'm wondering for how many of you your Vanagon is your main = means
of transportation, and you drive it 20,000+ miles per year.  = In
the 2.5 years I've had my 91 Westy, I've had to put an awful lot
of money = into repairs, and am beginning to wonder if this vehicle
just isn't = suited for continual use and frequent long trips.  I
take pretty good = care of my VW, but it is currently in the shop
with a broken crankshaft on a = engine that was rebuilt only 30k
miles ago.

Are there Vanagon = owners out there who log a lot of miles and don't
have many = problems?

- Greg