From: JordanVw@aol.com
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 8:39 = PM
Subject: please read. i'd like = to say something on my behalf.

hi. ive = been on this list for quite some time..  i have 2 vans currently, a =
late bus aircooled camper, and a 84 passenger van. im 30.  ive been into = vw's
since before i could drive and in '86 when i got my learners = permit my first
car was a rusty 71 superbeetle which got my thru half of HS, = then i was
bitten by the bug...and many vw's followed thru the years. i = grew up on my
parents farm where i could park my cars and would let me vw = friends park
their vw's there too.. if there was a local rusty vw for sale = cheap, my
friends and i would pool together and buy it, and use it for = parts for our
own cars. soon the stuff piled up.. so we'd pack up my friends = bus, and go to
vw shows and sell what we didnt need.  i enjoyed = going to shows, seeing the
cars, showing my own vw (if i had a nice one at = the time) and outings with
other vw folks. years pass, and while i am = down to 3 parts vans (soon to be
1) i still have a bunch of parts left = that ive taken off vw's in the past.
my folks are selling = their farm, so i need to get rid of what i have left,
and keep some spares for = myself.    i know that there are some people out
there who appreciate folks who sell used parts, that they cannot get new, or =
are cost prohibitive to get new.  im not out to scalp anyone. never = have.
believe it or not folks, it takes time to go get boxes, = pack, and ship stuff.
 i have to do this all in my spare time, after = work, etc    i dont have any
help.   i hope to get = rid of what i have left and be done with this.
experiences like = this, is what makes me think twice about even bothering
shipping anything = at all.  its not  worth the hassle half the time . . =   when
folks come to my parents farm, i usually give them a break on = stuff, or give
stuff away for free.  and we usually talk, etc about = vw's..i enjoy visiting
with people, helping them work on their van if they = come on the weekend, or
evenings when i have time.  i joined this = list for the vw comradarie, and to
learn, and maybe help others with a = question when i can.  first of all, i do
not sell used vw parts as a livelyhood, i have a full time job, and  this is
only a = hobby, my folks have a farm, and i have some vans there that i am
taking = apart.  if i didnt have the space to do this, i wouldnt. =   alot of you
out there think that i run a shop or do this as a job/business, = and i dont.
i do this in my spare time. =    second of all, i had eye surgery at the
beginning of april, and had = complications with that, so that made things
difficult for me.    =
so you can judge for yourself.  paint me out to be a jerk, a big meanie, = a
scammer,  slam me on this list.  whatever you want. =  those of you who think
like that dont really know.  and those of = you who have met me, and
appreciated my help in finding a part, or for = advice, etc. then i thank you.

once, again, to clear this up-
i am = not a new parts vendor like busdepot or vanagain. i have NEVER sold any =
new parts, unless stated.  they are all good USED parts from the vans = i am
dissasembling in my spare time at my folks farm. i try my best to = get the
stuff out as soon as i am able..the UPS center is a hike from me, = i try to
get enough together to make a trip there worthwile.

as for = the person who started this thread -
rangerbrian@hotmail.com =  wanted a curtain rod cover for his 84 camper.  i had
one, in nice = shape. to my knowlege this part is not available from vw new
anymore, they were = only made up to '84. he wanted me to ship it to him for
free, =  then asked for some curtain tiebacks, i gave him all i had.  were =
talking about $25 here.  almost deleted his mails he was so unreasonable to =
deal with.  i explained to him about my surgery.  i apologised = for the delay.
  and he waits till he gets the item, and then = blasts me on the list like he
has done here tonite without even sending a = email to me explaining that there
was something wrong.  and what is = missing?  a few screws?  yes, i think a few
screws missing would = warrant what you did to me on this tonite.   thank you,
brian = cochram.

as for steve schwenk, yes, steve, all the parts i have = are used.  actually i
am not aware that you can buy a new = seatbottom from vw..  if you are, i think
it would surely be a tad more then = the $40 i sold that one to you for.

and for adam puwekzeki (?) = you called my about my '89 carat last fall.  at
that time you = said you had insufficient funds, and you'd get back to me.     =
you never did. i sold it to someone who had the money.

well, = folks..  i still have a bunch of stuff i need to get rid of. this time =
next year it'll all be gone, whether i sell it or throw it out.   =

the internet is an amazing thing.  it can make your or break you. =  while i
dont rely on this as a source of income like Busdepot or = Vanagain, i now know
how they feel when some disgruntled customer take it upon = himself to wreak
havoc, and they have to get on here and post a note to try = to set things
straight.

anyway.   so now brian is going = to post a "buyer beware" whenever i post
something to the list, because he = didnt get his screws.   speaking of
screws........
naah.  wont say that. ;<)

have a good day everyone...and = thanks to those who had something positive to
say about me..

chris =
"the big meanie"