From: Ken = Hartz
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 = 10:36 AM
Subject: Sensor in CAT question = ??

Hello list, =
Am in the midst of installing a new muffler, tail pipe, and also the cat
eliminator pipe on my 89 Wolfsburg.  What a hassle!! =  Anyway, I had hoped to
remove the CAT (we don't have sniff tests here yet) = and save it for a rainy
day ...  However, I notice there is a sensor = screwed into the upstream side
of the CAT.  Installing the bypass = pipe will mean removing/eliminating this
sensor.  Any problems with removing/bypassing this sensor or should I save
the bypass pipe = for a rainy day ... and leave the CAT alone?
TIA
Ken Hartz