Dave,

My '85 has no cellophane whatsoever.  All I get = is plain white light to the instrument panel.  Perhaps your dimmer is at fault?  You know, that wheel sticking out near the headlight = switch.  If you have your dash lights turned up all the way, maybe it's not = letting enough juice through.  Just a thought.

Chris.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave = Baker
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 9:20 = PM
Subject: Instrument Panel = Lights

I recently replaced the panel light over the = speedometer in my 85 Westy, but the dash lights are still too dim to allow one to = clearly see the dials.  I noted that there is a piece of colored cellophane = (green, I believe) over the slot below the lamp assembly.  Is this standard = equipment?  It looks like I could get more light on the = instruments if I removed it.

Any thoughts?

Dave in KC
85 Westy
http://members.fortune= city.com/davebaker1