Just check voltage on fuse panel going thru fuses with ignition on and one showing 12v you can use for relay. I think i used rear lights fuse but any fuse getting 12v with ignition on will be ok as long as it has 0v
with ignition off.
Leon
85 Subwagen Westy

sg wrote:

hello list,here's a question from my friend, a previous westie owner, and maintainer of his girlfriend's westie: I'm trying to hook up a battery separating relay
switch in a 1987 Vanagon, and am having trouble
because I can't find a switched power line.  The way
the relay switch works is it's triggered when the
ignition turns on (connects the two batteries) and
disengages when the ignition turns off (disconnects
the two batteries).  The problem is I can't find any
power line in the vanagon that only has power when the
key is turned. Anyone know of one?

thanks,steve&buster