Thanks to all who gave suggestions = about how to safely get my newly acquired diesel camper running after sitting for 5 = years in my friend's driveway.  Here is what I did:

I could not easily get the injectors = or glow plugs off, so I did not add Marvel Mystery oil to the cylinders.  I = did however add a quart to the new oil and filled the oil = filter with fresh oil.  I pulled the vacuum pump and the oil pressure sending = unit and used a 13mm socket on a drill to spin the shaft of the oil pump until = oil started to come out of the oil pressure sending unit hole.  = Replaced the sender and continued to spin the oil pump for a while, until I felt that = oil must have gotten to just about everywhere under pressure.

Added an other quart of Marvel = Mystery oil to the fuel tank and topped it off with fresh diesel.  Couldn't figure = out how to drain the old fuel from the tank, so I figured adding as much new = fuel as I could with the additive would help.

A fresh battery installed, and away = I cranked.  Two tries at about 10 seconds of cranking and I = remembered the cold start knob.  Pulled it out and tried again.  Started = right up.

Now I have to mess around with the = brakes a bit, clean out all of the mouse turds in the cabinets, wash the fungus off of = the poptop, and straighten out a little crinkle in the driver's side door, = and I'm off on my first trip.  What the heck, the price was right ($1) and = I only wasted 1 1/2 days of non-billable time getting it to run.  = :-)

Thanks again for all of the = advice.

Henry Jackson

82 Westy