I use a 13" Magnavox TV/VCR combo that is AC and a Prestone invertor.  I got
both at Walmart on the same day.  The TV/VCR was around $150 and the invertor
was another $40.  It works great!  We took it on a trip down to Georgia last
year with the setup strapped into the rear facing seat in our Carat Vanagon.
No problems.  The invertor automatically shut off when you were starting
(voltage dropped below minimum) but that is the only time we had any
problems.

On a similar note I had a customer come to the shop the other day with a
rather non-descript tan westy.  Inside he had three TV monitors mounted!  One
in the passenger side sun visor, one in the ashtrash area (very illegal!) and
a 15" flat panel (ex laptop monitor) suspended from a pole that was mounted
in the front table stand behind the driver's seat!  He had no A/C so he
stored his VCR and Playstation above the rear bed and had some massive
speakers under the rear seat for sound.  It was a pretty sweet setup!

As for my own summer ideas, my friend just bought an APEX DVD player from
Walmart last week for $99!  I have been toying with the idea of putting one
of these in the van so that we could have DVD video possibilities, and also
be able to listen to MP3 CDs, and regular CDs in the van (APEX is cool that
way).  So many toys so little time!  :)  Have a great summer!

Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com
Phone: (856)-765-1583