Hey, Doug (& List).  I = tried your trick of running the fridge on 120V overnight before trying to light the = propane and it worked!  It did take multiple attempts to light the propane = on the fridge.  After several futile attempts, it would light briefly = (3-5)seconds and then go out.  Finally, it lit and stayed lit and is now running = on propane (for last 45+ minutes).

My usual MO with the four Vanagon = Westies that I have owned has been to 1) run the fridge on 120V the night before a = trip; 2) run the fridge on 12V going down the road; and 3) light the propane for = any prolonged stops and at the campsite.  This has usually worked very well.

In case I have the original problem = again, any ideas for dealing with a non-working fridge propane option at = the campsite when there is no 120V available?

Bob
87 Westy = "RDRUNR1"