From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Christopher T. Berchin
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 11:11 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Tires - how critical on non-Westy?

Certainly my intent is to get a high load rating and proper = pressure handling when it comes time to change the tires on my "new" = Vanagon.  With all the talk about tires on the list, and all the folks who say, = "My God, you're going to die with those tires!" I was wondering how critical = this is for the lighter non-Westies.  I'm not totally thrilled with the = tires on mine (simply because the max psi rating is only 44, so I'm running the = rears at that instead of the 49 called out on the bus' sticker), but the van = feels ok while driving.  I'm just a little paranoid since I drive over minefields instead of roads here in MI.

So do the non-Westies have a little more cushion regarding load = rating than the Westies?  Thanks.

Chris