I'm thinking of putting a Yakima "space = cadet" cargo box
on the tail end of my '86 Westy = poptop.  This box can
be seen at

 http://www= .yakima.com/products/dynamic/8007106_6.html

I'm not particularly biased toward = Yakima, but this box seems
like a good fit on the poptop.  = Thought a lot about building
my own, but it would be very hard to = get the things properly
rounded (from at least front and = sides), to minimize drag
and crosswind problems.  The specs = list the box at 38
pounds, which seemed a little heavy, = but I picked one up
today at a dealer, and I'm sure it = doesn't weigh that much.

Probably will directly bolt to the top = (i.e. without a rack).
Drilling doesn't bother me, I'll just = follow Binky's = advice
and "Don't drink and drill." (Matt Groening, Life in Hell.)

This box is pretty aerodynamic in all = directions, and shouldn't
cause too much of a crosswind = problem.  I would not be
putting heavy stuff in the box--more = like backpacking gear
and bike wheels.

Anybody tried this, or have any advice = to offer?  TIA

Steve Gough