hello list,
here's a question from my friend, a = previous westie owner, and maintainer of his girlfriend's westie:

I'm trying to hook up a battery = separating relay
switch in a 1987 Vanagon, and am having trouble
because I = can't find a switched power line.  The way
the relay switch works is it's = triggered when the
ignition turns on (connects the two batteries) = and
disengages when the ignition turns off (disconnects
the two batteries).  = The problem is I can't find any
power line in the vanagon that only has = power when the
key is turned. Anyone know of = one?

thanks,
steve&buster