Dear List,

Recently my great new Hella horns stopped functioning when I hit the switch
on the steering wheel. Removing the steering wheel, I discovered that the
problem was a worn out contact on the turn signal assembly. The little brass
spring contact had literally worn through. Big hole in it! Luckily, I had a
replacement turn signal, with a decent contact. I put it in. Bingo. Problem
solved.

Then, about a week later, a noticed a scraping noise when I turned the wheel.
I pulled the wheel again and noticed that the replacement contact had been
polished clean and that there were very fine brass filings on the turn signal
switch. I put electric grease on the contact and on the brass contact ring of
the steering wheel. Not much improvement. I replaced the steering wheel.
Slight improvement; that is, less scraping noise, but still some.

I am worried that I am going to wear away another contact.

Any thoughts?

Is it possible to replace that little brass spring contact?

Please answer to my personal email, as I am not currently signed up for the
list.

Many thanks in advance.

Woody
83.5 V'gon, running well now