Hello.......New member here. I have a 82 Vanagon with 85 Jetta
power......love it! I was glad to find this group. I have a problem with keys
someone out there must know the answer to. Although still going strong after
216k miles, my van's key is worn out. I have to fiddle like a safecracker to
get the doors to lock and unlock. A local locksmith told me I have to take
out all the locks and bring them in for him to fit new keys. I'm not buying
that........must be an easier way. Just copying the old key is no good
because all I get is a copy of a worn out key. Isn't there a code or
something I can use to get a new key made? Thanks for any help.

Randy, Elmira (near Eugene) Oregon