From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Brian Doss
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 6:55 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Oil Consumption?

I've noticed the exhaust smell being different (and maybe stronger) as of =
this season. I'm also paying closer attention to the amount of oil I'm = using
to top off my crank case. If I'm burning say, a quart of oil every 3,000
miles, is that excessive for an engine with 130,000 miles on it? = At what
point do I consider a ring job?

Brian Doss
'88 = Weekender, Queequeg