Hey list,

I saw this ad in the local paper. I emailed the seller to get details and to inquire about spare parts and he wrote:

Thanks man.  Anyway, I may be taking a job in Europe next year, so I don't think I am gonna re-build the motor.  Pass the word around in your circles, and if someone wants to buy my Farfie with 14's, I'll give you the 15" rims and tires.

- J Marsh

So how could I resist??

No affiliation with seller...other than the fact that I'd really like to get some 15" wheels ;-)

Kevin Curry
'87 Syncro Westy
(waiting for it's Japanese transplant)

Here's his ad:

1987 Volkswagon Vanagon Synchro 4x4
$3,300.00 OBO
Solid well maintained w/differential lock. Metallic Red. Tranny replaced at 110K, now 160K mi.New Brakes,2 sets rims. Needs motor rebuilt.
14" & 15" rims. 4x4, with differential lock. 5 speed transmission. 10 disc changer/stereo, amp, 6x9's and roof racks available. The ultimate road trip car. Most parts rebuilt or replaced recently. Needs engine rebuilt or replaced. Smog, O2 sensor and catalytic converter all replaced in December. Ignition coils, wiring and brakes replaced 200 miles ago.

Jason
(949) 887-4038 (Orange county, near L.A.)
jason_marsh@tycom.com