Hi Volks,

Today I started on seam rust repair. =

I tried to use a Utility Knife to get = the old seam sealer out. Kinda slow going......So I have a small Makita hand-held = grinder with a metal cutting disk laying around the shop.  Whoa, worked excellent.....the disk follows the groove of the seam.  Just had to = dig the little sealer left in the bottom of the seam out with the mini utility knife.

Put some Eastwood Corroless rust = convertor in the seam with a plastic model paint brush. Now to let it dry over night.

Did it all to the sound of Dylan's = Street Legal CD. ( Obligatory Non-Vanagon content  : )

Mark Ingalls
Nebraska City, = Nebraska
85  Vanagon GL    'Airheart'
75  Beetle   'Salvation'