From: Mark Ingalls
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 = 11:46 AM
Subject: Seam Sealer removal = Tool

Hi Volks,

Today I started on seam rust repair.

I tried to use a Utility Knife to get = the old seam sealer out. Kinda slow going......So I have a small Makita = hand-held grinder with a metal cutting disk laying around the shop.  Whoa, = worked excellent.....the disk follows the groove of the seam.  Just had = to dig the little sealer left in the bottom of the seam out with the mini = utility knife.

Put some Eastwood Corroless rust = convertor in the seam with a plastic model paint brush. Now to let it dry over night.

Did it all to the sound of Dylan's = Street Legal CD. ( Obligatory Non-Vanagon content  : )

Mark Ingalls
Nebraska City, Nebraska
85  Vanagon GL    = 'Airheart'
75  Beetle   'Salvation'