To the list;

A friend of mine has a set of newly = rebuilt 914 2.0L heads (42x36 valves) sitting in his garage collecting dust and = taking up space.  I have a Vanagon engine (CV case) that I will be using = on my "airboat".  My Vanagon heads need to be rebuilt with....you guessed = it..... 42x36 valves!  The end result is to build a 71x105 (2459cc) = engine to power my "airboat".

Question:  Will the Porsche 914 = 2.0L heads work on a Vanagon engine?  I know the Porsche 2.0L heads have = only 3 bolts on the intake manifold, however that is no problem as I am having = to custom build the intake manifolds anyway.  I have heard that the = Porsche 2.0L are the best 2-liter heads available and I can get these for a very = fair price.

TIA,
Jack Lockamy
Camarillo, CA.
www.geocities.com/jacklocka= my