I agree with the 4WD vs. 2WD problem = being the walk, fortunately I had my bikes on the rack!!

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Ramer
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 = 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Milestone reached = and Traction question

Does anyone have experience with this suggested modification = below? I've always thought that with the locking differential, some aggressive = tread, and the weight of the engine over the rear wheels, one could get a 2WD to = perform very well off-road. Of course the only real difference in 4WD vs. 2WD = is the distance one has to walk after it gets stuck- inevitable. Ask me how I = know.

Regards, Mikey
87 Westy 2WD (for sale)
87 Nissan 4WD (over 300,000k and still going strong!)