This could have been a potentially = fatal problem, but it was an easy fix.  Last week when I was making a run to the = photo lab just about a mile from my house, my shifting got really tight.  I = thought that my linkage had slipped so I would force it into gear and make my = way home.  When I got under the van to check it out, the bolt holding = the transmission in had backed its way out except for the last 1/4" that the = threads had got stuck in the rubber mount.  The trans already had dropped = about an inch.  It would have been fixed immediately, but I didn't have a = floor jack so I had to wait for a buddy of mine to get home from work and drive his = over.  Got a new nut and a lockwasher that my mechanic friend = forgot to put in the first time and bolted it right up.  Working fine now, thank = God it didn't drop out while on the road, I can't even imagine what would have = happened then.

Eggz