To the list;

This is my first post as I am new to = the Vanagon List.  First of all let me state that I do not own a Vanagon = vehicle...but rather I am the proud owner of two (2) Vanagon "CV" longblocks (2.0L hydraulic).  I purchased these longblocks from a junkyard in order = to use one engine in my "under construction" homebuilt experimental aircraft = (see my website.... www.geocities.com/jacklockamy) and the second engine will be = used for spare parts (if needed).

My purpose for being a member of the = Vanagon List is to learn more about the Vanagon air-cooled engines.  My = previous homebuilt aircraft (see my website under PREVIOUS AIRCRAFT- SONERAI 2)
had a Type 1 1835cc VW engine.  I = flew that plane without problem.  However, the new plane is a bit heavier and = instead of the aircraft kit manufacturer's recommended Type 1 2180cc VW as the = engine of choice....I am going with the Type 4.  Lots of reasons for my = decision, but I will save that for another post.

I plan to keep the stock 71mm crank = and add 105mm JE forged p/c, 44x36 valves,  for a Type 4 2459cc = engine.

Now to my question:  Does anyone = know where I can get a set of lightweight, stainless-steel exhaust "J" tubes" that = will fit the exhaust ports on the Vanagon heads?  My heads look good and = should be rebuildable, however I am concerned about how to run a straight exhaust = system (tuned, merged 4 into 1) to the rectangular shaped Vanagon exhaust = ports.  Also if anyone know somebody who builds custom stainless-steel exhaust = systems, I would like to know.

I am located in Southern California = (Camarillo, CA).

TIA,
Jack "learning about the Type 4) Lockamy
www. = geocities.com/jacklockamy