I'm looking at doing the same thing - but have not so far, as I've been thinking if I really want to add another inch or so of height to the Westy.

In looking at the possible places I selected two possibilities:

1.) Through the skylight:  Plus is that you don't have to make a hole in the top. Minus is that you block the skylight.
2.) Directly in front of the skylight: with the opposite plusses and minuses.

My other thought was to take the guts of the solar vent and make a mount so that it just sits under the skylight. But that is as far as my thinking got - too many other projects to finish first.

Let me know what you decide to do.

Todd

'88 Westy

Steve Gough wrote:

I want to install the 4" Nicro solar vent in my '86 Westy.  I'veseen some discussion on the list but no specifics. Seems best to cut the hole in my existing vent material, butI have the double-walled vent, so that doesn't seem practical.I'll cut the hole in the roof if necessary. Anybody have advice on this? TKA, Steve