Hi,  Are the Rino adjusting = screws like the style Porsche uses with the flat swivel on a ball on the end of = the adjusting screw  or are they like the  Courrier style that = has a ball with a flat on it inside a little housing on the adjuster screw.
  Another thing I was = wondering is how do the roller rockers hold up after 1000's of miles. The stock = adjusters are designed to push on the valve stem off center to make the valve = rotate so the valve seal stays good. Do the rollers do make the valves spin?

Larry,

Here is = a copy of the post I made earlier.
Stock rockers are = 1.1.  What the ratio means is that for every X amount of
cam lift, the = valve opens further by 1.1/1.25/1.3/1.4 inches. Using ratio
rockers is a way = for the valve to be opened further than the actual cam lift
to keep the = wear on the cam and lifters minimized.  The cam does not have to
go = to extreme angles against the lifter to achieve the same total lift.

The ratio is achieved by moving the center pivot line = further to one side.
 The longer one side is the greater the ratio.

---0----
--0-----
-0------

One other plus = for using ratio rockers is that the arc that the adjusting
screw takes is = reduced and that reduces the side load on the valve stem,
increasing the = valve guide life.  When you use swivel adjusting screws or
roller = tip rockers the side load on the valve stem is further reduced, =
further increasing the valve guide life.

Boston Bob states that the = 2.1L tends to eat guides, by simply utilizing
swivel adjusting screws = on stock  1.1 ratio rockers (You will have to use
aftermarket = Rhino 1.1 ratio rockers with a 9 mm adjusting screw) you can =
dramatically increase the valve guide life.

**attached is a picture that = shows the rocker arm shaft off center compared
to a stock (1.3 ratio)

<<<The ratio rockers in on these dyno reports = are 1.4. The Pawter rockersare
1.3, and I believe the original rockers = that Robert Lilly had usedwere 1.25,
and then switched to 1.3. which = I guess you have.>>>

I have a modified cam = that has an increased lift from stock.  I choose the
1.25 and 1.3 = because the total lift is more than the 1.4 rockers on the stock
cam.

I used the 1.25 at first.  These were the VW Rhino = 1.25 with the 9 mm
adjusting screw.  I used the Rhino swivel = adjusting screws.  They have the
entire head that swivels to reduce = valve stem side load.  Used with solid
rocker shafts, they are an = inexpensive upgrade and are mild.

I then switch to the = Pauter 1.3 roller tip rockers.  I wanted the roller tip
to further = reduce stem side loading (even though the arc is reduced the Berg
rockers DO = NOT reduce the stem side load as much because they still slide on =
the valve tip during the lifting motion) The 1.25 were discontinued from =
Pauter that is why I went to the 1.3.

IF you DO NOT change the = cam use either the 1.3 or 1.4.  IF you ever plan to
change the cam = use the 1.3 to avoid changing in the future otherwise use of
the 1.4 is = fine.

stock cam          I: .330 =  with 1.3: 0.429   with 1.4: .462 =
           &nb= sp;           &nbs= p;E: .317 with 1.3  0.412  with 1.4: .444

#91 = WebCam      I:  .363   with 1.3: = .472   with the 1.4:  0.508 =
           &nb= sp;           &nbs= p;E: .363   with 1.3: .472   with the 1.4: =  0.508

Looking at the above chart, the use of the WebCam cam AND = the 1.3 ratio
rockers, you get a greater lift than with the stock cam = and the 1.4 ratio.

I chose ratio rockers because they offer = increased air flow, maintain air
speed through the intake ports at lower = speeds and improve the bottom end
because the valves are opening faster = than stock valves and accelerate the
air flow.

Another = key is, with the WebCam, the exhaust is open greater and longer
allowing = for more exhaust to exit along with the increased duration to get =
the fuel mixture into the cylinder sooner from increased exhaust scavenging =
to give each charge more power.  Added to the cam benefit is the = coatings
that keep the exhaust hotter as it exits to keep a higher = exhaust gas speed
that increases scavenging. This is why, in my set up, the = stock exhaust pipes
work better.  Plus the stock pipes are = patterned after 914 race exhausts...4
to 2 to 1.

Rockers increase = airflow without expensive port work.  Sometimes with
porting, you = lose low power because the air flow decreases in larger ports
due to = reduced air speed (physics) the way to overcome this is a higher rpm
to pick = the speed up.  The length of the total intake also affects air = speed.

Ratio rockers do not decrease low end power but increase it. =  The valves are
opening sooner, opening further and held = open longer but air speed is
maintained because the port size has not = changed, thus allowing for more
air/fuel to enter the chamber, = producing more power.  The effect will be
enhanced when you also = modify other systems to flow more air.  Better
muffler, air filter, = match porting, cleaning up ports of restrictions.  All
small = changes add up to a big change overall.

If you put on rockers add = exhaust wrap to keep the exhaust gasses hot to pull
more from the intake = into the cylinders, change the air filter, change to
triple or quad = plugs to burn the gasses better to get more power, then you
will need to = use less pedal to get to the same speed and use less gas because
you are = getting more power from the same amount of fuel.  When you make =
changes to one area, see how it changes other areas to keep it balanced...

Robert