In a message dated 6/9/01 10:50:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
trollboy_1@LYCOS.COM writes:

I just read your post with interest as I had a major car fire about a year
ago in my driveway. My question is this: I have since bought a fire
extinguishier but it plainly says on the thing not to let it get over 120
degrees. I am a little affraid to put it in my van as I don't want it to
explode. I no this sounds perhaps a little dumb on my part and I know a lot
of people carry them but did I buy a wrong kind? Are their some that can
take being in a hot car better then others?

while the car i was driving at the time of the engine fire yesterday did not
have a fire extinguisher in it, all my other cars do.  i have a black car,
and keep the fire extinguisher in the trunk. im sure it gets hotter than 120
in there, and ive never had a problem. also most all westys have fire
extinguishers in them, next to the slider door. think about it.     it wont
be a prob.
chris