From: Peter = Small
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 = 1:38 PM
Subject: Fw: Spillage when = filling the gas

Hi Everyone,

My name is Peter Small.  I've = just joined the list.

I am a proud owner of an 85 Westy weekender.

Since I bought the vanagon two years = ago, there has been this problem in filling up the gas tank.  If I am not = careful and fill it slowly, gas spews out all over the side of the vanagon = before the gas pump automatically shuts off.  Is this a common = problem?  Or is there something that is clogged that might prevent the shutoff from happening?

Thanks,

Peter