From: Cory Sammons
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 = 12:01 AM
Subject: roof rack for 84 = Westie

Found a couple of articles = about roof racks for Westies.
One mentioned that Thule recommends no more than = 2 bikes mounted to a roof rack with the artificial rain gutters drilled into = the top.  It goes on to mention that some people have had no problems = with more than that mounted.  My Q: Anyone out there carried a canoe = (~80lb) on this type of system (Thule with artificial rain gutters drilled = into the camper top)?  How did it go and could the top be opened with = the canoe on?  Any other suggestions for carrying a canoe = and maintaining functionality of the pop-top?
Thanks for any info.
Cory
N. Bridgton, = ME