From: jeff = emrick
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 = 2:59 PM
Subject: Overheating 84 = Vanagon

I have a 1984 Vanagon which has been overheating.  I have had  the thermostat, expansion = tank and cap, refill tank and, coolant replaced and completely bleed the system.  My mechanic told me there was gas in my oil and did an oil and filter change.  The van ran great for about 2 = weeks.  Now if I drive more than a mile I'm running hot.  I do = hear the electric fan kick on, but not always when hot.  = thanks, Jeff