I wonder if you used an infrared = thermometer - if you could see if there was coolant flow through the rad, before you = replaced it.

Marshall Ruskin
84 Westy
----- Original Message -----
From: John Flaherty
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 = 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: Overheating 84 = Vanagon

Jeff,

I have the same problem with my 84. = Tried the same fixes. Only way I could drive was with both heaters going full = blast. (In fact I didn't know I had a problem until the warmer whether.) I'm = currently replacing the radiator. I'll let you know.

BTW, my water punp is only a year = old, and if it wasn't functioning I don't think running the heaters would help as = coolant wouldn't be circulating through them, so, at least for now, I'm ruling = that out.

John Flaherty
Portland, Maine
'84 GL "Insufficient = Funds"