The following is written in plain text:

HTML is Hyper Text Markup Language, the language of web pages.
As you may notice I have changed the font of your original text.
You must have your default mail composing format set to HTML instead of pla= in text. I am using Outlook Express for Mac so can't tell you exactly how to= reset your default composing format.

However  this is a "screenshot" of my default text font= . Having a different font which is known to me enables me to identify immedi= ately when an eMail is in HTTP format which I recommend for everyone.
As you can see HTTP allows you to compose mail in  many fonts which is= why I have transgressed the law and intentionally sent HTTP (punish me!) to= illustrate this.
For those of you running Windows, HTTP e-mail is a bummer since it can incl= ude programs which run when you read the e-Mail. This is how you catch a VIRUS.
Commercial websites love to send HTTP spam since they can hit= you with all kinds of glitzy hooks like animations and sound clips (it's al= l about money).
Not  everyone can receive HTTP format so plain text is really best for= the widest audience.
            --= --Gnarlodious

Entity Zoltan spoke thus: