Even the higher quality epxies won't = handle 200 degrees for long periods of time.  Get specifics from the = manufacturer of the resin as most packages don't have these numbers on them.  I = would think that JB weld would almost have to work since folks glue busted crankcase = pieces back together with it with seemingly good results, although I've never = tried it.  And if it's tolerating the sealing suface pit repairs on = heads, well, lwhat can I say??

DM&FS
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Dorm
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 = 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: '90 Vanagon: Hose = leaking antifreeze

I'm trying to understand what you're saying. Did you cut the hose = and then stick the ink pen piece (is this from a bic disposable?) into each new = end of hose and then tighten two clamps over each new end, so that now water = flows through the ink pen?

Also, for a leak like this would either plumbers epoxy or marine = epoxy work?