From: Don = Oldenburg
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 = 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: '90 vanagon--hose = leaking antifreeze
Because of Memorial Day weekend, it wasn't coming overnight--so I started =
fiddling with the hose to see if I could somehow easily rig a fix until I got =
the right part.
   After two hours of playing with the = thing, and realizing any fix I
contemplated (including gluing it, = strapping the break with a rubber seal and
screw clamps, etc.) had to overcome = the problem of the antifreeze soaked bust
in the hose top (right near = its connection to the top of the left cylinder),
I finally decided I'd = wait and stop wasting my time. Not like I was in the
middle of the = dessert and had to move on!