Is it possible to swap the = nosecones and use a tranny from a '78 Baywindow in an '82 Vanagon?  This may sound = stupid, but except for the nose cone, they look identical.  I know the = Vanagon's is an 091, but I don't know about the '78.  Please note:  = "possible" means possible for someone who cannot rebuild a transmission (yet), but = is willing to try almost anything (once).

    Also, = coincidentally, someone just asked me the other day if my '81 Westy was a Mitsubishi.  I = kept my cool - though until I read the posts today I thought they were nucking futs.

Matt