From: "Derek Drew" <
derekdrew@RCN.COM>
To: <
vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 = 12:44 PM
Subject: How To Get Fridge Lit (& Delorme Mapping Software)

> At 05:05 PM 6/18/01 -0400, you = wrote:
>
> >Derek,
> >I know you are an expert on the dometic 182B and = so here is a question
for
> >you:
> >I operate the air = plunger a few times, hold down the gas button and spark
> >the piezo and = i see a poof of flame that just goes out.  Then i am unable
> >to = get any flame until i use the air plunger a few times again and = then
the
> >same thing happens: big burst of flame then nothing, it won't stay lit.
> >This winter i had it washed one or two times at a = carwash and did'nt
cover
> >the flue.  THink that has something to = do with it?  I need the thing to
> >work asap and i dont have = a
> >good place or time to take the fridge out.
>
> My guess = is that a huge percentage of vans have the exact problem that you
> = describe. It might be made worse by going through a carwash without the
> flue = cover on, or it may not. The real issue is that you have to find = a
way
> to supply a vigorous amount of oxygen to the area of the flame, and = you
> have to keep that area supplied with oxygen for about 100 seconds or = so
> until the flame itself can build up enough mass of hot air for the hot air
> to begin rushing up and out, thereby drawing in new, fresh = air from the
> other pipe.
>
> The most reliable method I know = of to supply sufficient oxygen for the
full
> 100 seconds is to put a = pump of some kind of the refrigerator drain tube,
> which is located at = the bottom left side of the fridge. The pump can
either
> push or pull the = air out. I had the impression that pulling air out worked
> slightly = better once, but I don't have any validation for this. The
> simplest = pump is your mouth, attached to a tube stuck on the drain pipe.
In

www.paypal.com to

derekdrew@rcn.com or by snail mail to Derek Drew, 5467 31st Street NW,

derekdrew@rcn.com          &nbs= p;          212-580-6486

http://users.rcn.com/derekdrew/Syncro_Madness_Area.htm

http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=vanagon<= BR>>        ftp://gerry.vanagon.com/pub/

http://www.vanagon.com/info/articles/Refrigerator/Reefer_Madness= .htm
> My article that shows how to deal = with insurance = companies:

ftp://gerry.vanagon.com/pub/auto-insurance-madness.html
http://users.rcn.com/derekdrew/fitbigtiresonvanagon.htm
http://users.rcn.com/derekdrew/syncrotireandgearratios.xls