Hello everyone, I'm new to list, so = please forgive me if this has been covered before. I recently purchased a 1984 Westy = that the wipers weren't working on. Upon inspecting the fuse box, the place where = the fuse for the wipers goes is melted. Just that one spot. I find this odd = because 3 years ago I had a 1985 Westy that had the same problem. Except that = when the thing started to smell like it was on fire I turned off the wipers so = the fuse box never melted. Has anyone else had this problem?
I brought it to the dealership and they = tested the wiper motor and said it was fine. They told me it only needs a new fuse = box. They are going to replace it for $150 when they get the part = in.
Peace,
Peder
'84 Westy