Riley;
        With the ignition on, turn = the crank shaft with a wrench on the pulley nut. If you hear the injectors = squirt then the hall sender is working.
        The danger here is kick = starting the engine while the wrench is on the pulley. Disconnect the center wire to= the distributor to be safe.

Good Luck and Drive Safely
Ken Lewis
http://Neksiwel.20m.com/