From: Loretta Abbott-Kennon
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 = 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: [VANAGON] front = seats from westy to weekender?

I just did = this conversion myself and am not sure it was worth the trouble.
a. = cutting them out was a huge job.
b. welding them in was expensive.
c. = the added seat height makes the already low shift lever more of reach. =
d. the armrests hit the door panels so I have to open the doors to swivel and =
can only          shut the = door again in limited seat positions.
e. the drivers seat only swivels to = face the passenger seat because of the
steering   wheel.
f. = the battery is less accessible and the planned auxiliary deep cycle has to =
be mounted elsewhere because of the limited access.
g. the black = doors that hinge over the battery and the drivers side under
seat area have = to be cut to fit (I chose to have them removed altogether).

Just a few = things you should be aware of before you do this mod.  I wish I
had = known!

-Loretta
87 Syncro GL
90 GL