I'd like to mount a VDO volta= ge gauge on top of the plastic
pull-off cover over the instrument cluster on my '86 Westy.

Haven't seen anybody else do this, perhap= s there's a reason
why.  I realize the plastic if fairly thin, but with a little care, seems it should work fine.  There is room underneath, and
a couple of quick-disconnects should allow removal of
the cover when necessary.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks,
Steve Gough

Steve:
Fritz' PO did exactly as you describe  ... no problems here, after one= year.

--
Stephen Steele*
Chillicothe OH