Steve and Listees:  I mounted a = VDO 3 gauge housing set on my dashboard cowling, but set them off to the right side = rather than center them up.  didn't do the quick disconnect as all I did = was put plenty of extra wire(and hose for the vaccum gauge) for the times = when I needed to have the cover off and the system works just = fine.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying = Squirrel
----- Original Message -----
From: Steve = Gough
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 = 12:21 PM
Subject: Gauge mounting on top = of instrument cluster

I'd like to mount a VDO voltage gauge = on top of the plastic
pull-off cover over the instrument = cluster on my '86 Westy.

Haven't seen anybody else do this, = perhaps there's a reason
why.  I realize the plastic if = fairly thin, but with a little care,
seems it should work fine.  = There is room underneath, and
a couple of quick-disconnects should = allow removal of
the cover when = necessary.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks, =

Steve = Gough